BGI provided environmental, health and safety (EH&S) program management at several hydroelectric power plant projects in California, Virginia, Washington, Canada, Laos, and Venezuela. BGI staff integrated into the Andritz Hydro team and managed their safety programs including field support, supervision of Andritz Hydro safety personnel, and representation of the company at project related meetings. BGI provided safety oversight for the Andritz Hydro and associated subcontractor construction personnel.
BGI’s technical experts provided:
- hazardous condition review and reporting;
- development and implementation of mitigation remedies;
- hazards and preventive methods education;
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) trainings; and
- review of technical reports and drawings.
Additionally, BGI’s team conducted commissioning and decommissioning surveys to verify that equipment and systems were safely and efficiently uninstalled, reinstalled, and all functionality tests on the safety systems were completed. BGI had an excellent track record of success in these efforts and all equipment was installed at respective locations according to project timetables.